Wednesday, August 20

Strategy and More Strategy

This is a thinking man's game, to be sure. Yes, with two fine pumpkins I'm winning this war, but the skirmishes continue...

First of all, I lost three good leaves to caterpillars just today. They are various kinds of caterpillars that bore into a flower stalk or a leaf stalk and kill the whole thing. I've never seen any like these before.

So I turned the back yard into a toxic waste site tonight. I'm going to win this battle.

I pulled one of the worms off of Jemimah1 too. I think by tomorrow the fruit cold have been killed. Close call!

Next, the deer come and trim the vines on one side of the plant nearly every night. Why don't they go all the way around and finish the job? Only because they are carnivorous idiots. Carnivorous? They are eating my daughters, for crying out loud!

Two more baby pumpkins bloomed today! I let the bees have their way with them. I'll probably be cutting them off anyway. Another baby will bloom tomorrow.

No comments: