Thursday, August 21

Another Day and All is Mostly Well

More decisions need to be made. It's time to decide which pumpkin to cull, Jemimah1 or Jemimah2. Much to my surprise, Jemimah2 is significantly bigger. She's the one on the side vine, which isn't preferred. And then today two worms eat their way into Jemimah1 before I found them and blasted them with insecticide.

But you know what? I think I'm going to keep them both. That will keep me from having one incredibly huge pumpkin and will also make me an embarrassment to the sport. But after nearly two years of disasters, what's going to happen if I cut one Jemimah off, and then Fluffy eats the other or the stem splits?

I have at least 4 growing pumpkins now and more on the way, but I'll start taking off the new ones in a day or two. Here's a picture of Jemimah2, who you haven't seen before because she was supposed to be smaller and she hides in the middle of the patch. Her estimated weight is 9.6 pounds.

No comments: