Thursday, July 30

A Time to Sow, a Time to Reap

'Cuz I'm tired (y'all probably are too) of my ranting about A Time For War Against The Deer and Squash Borers. But it is time to cut off the losing pumpkin.

Anyway, Lulu2 (the big one) added a couple of pounds today. Lulu3, the small one, barely budged. So unless that changes by tomorrow evening, I'm going to eliminate the little one and keep the older sister. Which is the exact opposite of what I expected.

I'm a little worried that all the new leaf growth is well out the vine, past Lulu2, who is on a side vine no less. But this early stage pumpkin growth isn't very predicatable. As far as I can tell from my records, Lulu is behind the 215 pound Jemimah of last year, but ahead of the 500 pound Bessie at this point. Go figure!

No comments: