Saturday, June 14

Are YOU a Chronic Worrier???

My wife just wandered over to be nosy and yelled, "YES!!!"

I'm not sure if she was talking about her, or me. Anyway...

I think if you're not a constant worrier, growing a pumpkin will change you in a hurry.

I've calmed down about the deer. No sign of them since March.

I've calmed down about the borers. I've discovered that if I search the vine closely I can pick off most of the eggs before they hatch.

My new worry: NO SIDE VINES. There should be about a dozen, and I only have three, one of which is badly damaged. You can't create a huge pumpkin without a lot of leaf canopy to fuel the growth.

I started backup seeds Thursday, June 12th. I'll decide what to do in a week, and in the meantime try to figure out what the problem is. Part of it is my growing space, but there's something else going on too.


No comments: