Thursday, July 27

July 27 - Day 34

So I have this friend, I'll call him "Alan" since that's his name. Anyway, "Alan" came over last night and would not be convinced that Bessie might actually weigh 350 pounds. I don't understand Alan. How can he stand in the presence of my Only Begotten Pumpkin and not be overwelmed by her glory?

Unclean though "Alan" might be, he has a point. Bessie is short, taking after my Pumpkin Helpers. I have to believe she is going to weigh less than the theoretical estimate. (Based on hundreds of pumpkins and a lot of math though that may be, Alan.)

So I'm subtracting 5 percent, and estimating Bessie at 326.9 pounds tonight, instead of 344.1.

(PS. Don't take it too harshly Alan, but if I do ever have a son, I think I now need to name him something besides Alan. Maybe Ichabod???)

No comments: