Tuesday, July 18

July 18 - Day 25

Bessie has gracefully eased over the 200 pound mark. How is this possible? Well, remember she's growing while you're sleeping.

And maybe "graceful" isn't a good way to describe a Giant Mutant Pumpkin. In any case, folks keep asking how I get her on the scales each night. I actually use a rope I made into a measuring tape to take three measurments of her. Then, there's a spreadsheet based on hundreds of other pumpkins which estimates her weight.

One of my Pumpkin Helpers, Erin, decided the measuring rope looks like a jump rope - which it does - and used it to knock out half of one of her front permanent teeth on Saturday. I'll try to get Erin to pose for a picture with the rope, her braces, and the gap in her smile, but I bet she won't do it.

No comments: