Wednesday, August 19

Thoughts from the Patch

So it was 3 days ago that I said the next two weeks would be crucial. Since then, Lulu has packed on 42 pounds! And today was her best day ever. She is only a tiny bit ahead of the bigger Jemimah from last year, but Lulu is going strong and Jemimah was on her last, um, leg. This is looking halfway decent!

Tedd, I have no white flies. I had a few earlier in the season. My systemic insecticide may be what killed them. Pick up a bottle of Bayer Tree and Shrub at HD or Lowes, mix a tablespoon in a gallon of water and pour on the roots, and repeat. It's not real cheap, but one bottle will last you forever.

Is it unusual for an Atlantic Giant to grow upside down, with the stem end down and the blossom end up? Guess I'll mosey on over to bigpumpkins.com and try to find out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, next year, I will deifinitely use a systematic...right now, I am in remedial mode, so I am having to hit them with stuff that everyone says "might" work...