Thursday, April 16

The Pumpkin Blog is Open for Business!

I'm rested and rejuvenated and ready to kick some serious pumpkin butt - not that I'd ever do that to a pumpkin of course! But planting time is right around the corner and the competitive juices are flowing. The deer won't be as big a threat, nor will the bugs and disease. I've got good feelings about this go-around. Plus, my good friend Andy and I have been working on the dirt just a bit. Here's the patch in December:


















And here it is now:


















That's a lot more usable ground than I've ever had before. I'll be posting 2 or 3 times a week as we get ready to get that seed in the dirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some damn nice tiller action you've got going there, John! You should post a pic of the piles of rocks/small boulders we pulled out of that Wieland(?)-trashed soil.

How many pounds of coffee grounds do you estimate you added to the plot?


Andy