Friday, August 3

I'm leaving town for a week, so here's a quick update:

The new plant transplanted well, and I've got the irrigation system turned on again. I think vine borer season is probably over, so come on and get busy growing, new plant!

I've got a new name for the pumpkin if I get another this year (the name Magnolia is shot now). I'll explain why this is such an excellent name when we get back from Boston. But here's a hint:












(And Andy, I've been enjoying your comments - thanks!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn it, John! I *told* you that old picture of my grandma was FOR YOU ONLY. I did not give you permission to scan it and use for your own selfish "pumpkin name hinting"-purposes.

As I'd told you, and I'm sure you admired, she was a great woman that could make some damn good pancakes, but now thanks to YOU there's a chance folks (and possibly the government!) will learn about my big, long, and hard kept secret...


Andy