Saturday, July 21

Conceding Defeat

Sometime Thursday, Fluffy returned and ate the backup plant.

I've taken this pretty hard, because this time I think s'e ended my season. I don't know, the plant may be trying to sprout a new main vine, so maybe all is not lost.

I've started yet another plant, but I don't think there's enough summer left to get a pumpkin from it. It's an experimental plant I'll use to test various Fluffy Retardants with.

How do I know it was Fluffy and not other critters? Well, first I don't have other critters. Second, this time there is a line of deer tracks leading *directly* to the desecrated plant.

But mostly, I have heard from an esteemed pumpkin grower that, "Pumpkins are to deer like peanuts are to bridge players." They start munching and just can't stop.

On Monday I'll post a picture of the plant and its new vine and show off my first Fluffy Retardants.

No comments: