Tuesday, May 20

The Moral of the Story















Do you ever have fantasies? Daydreams about pumpkins, of course. During team meetings at work, I often sit there and fantasize about hailstorms, and I'll go out with a big umbrella and save the pumpkin and be the hero.

Whatever. It works for me. Really.

Well, the hailstorm blew through Duluth tonight. I ran out with my tiny travel umbrella to do my duty, live my dream.

I was soaked and worried I might be killed by lightning and began to reconsider. In a hurry, because I was being stung by the hailstones.

In the end, I wasn't electrocuted and the pumpkin leaves were ripped up some but I think she'll recover.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shots, John, and great job protecting your baby! I predict she'll be bigger and stronger for living through it. It's also good to see you've got some fencing around her at this point -- the deer *are* out there, as you know.

Might I suggest you go buy a $15 heavy-duty tarp at lowe's or home depot to deploy in such situations? Even a light-weight one would greatly lessen any chance at leaf tearing. It might even help protect *your* hide some, though I realize it's pretty weathered at this point.

I'm just glad a tree or large branch didn't fall on her (or you).


Andy

Anonymous said...

looking good bro ...lee