Sunday, June 24

Too Much Fertilizer

Preemie 3 gave it up today and turned yellow. The folks at bigpumpkins.com think I may have fertilized too much, or maybe the heat is doing the damage.

I started a backup seed yesterday. I think it might be too late for that. Then again, if I remember correctly, Doug Adam's Georgia record pumpkin was started on June 23rd. That could be a good sign!








So I've shaded Preemie 4 with a tarp and quit fertilizing. Notice the green stripes and spots on her? I have no idea what that means. Probably too much fertilizer. Darn it.

I will say that each Preemie makes it further than the one before. Preemie 4's flower is already bigger than the fruit, which I think is a good sign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.